Sometimes, we overlook at the ethical and moral issues that rise around the Computer Science area. As the saying goes, “With great power comes great responsibilities.” This is very true when it comes to Software Engineering. In CSE 252, one of our paper was on researching the ethical and moral issues that are encountered by Software Engineer in various companies. After writing the paper, here are the 5 important ethical issues I learned.
1. Report bugs/flawless – Never hide any bugs or glitches because it can cause huge loss to clients using the software.
2. Open Source Code – When using open source code for your program, you must give proper credentials.
3. Reverse Engineering – Avoid de-compiling software that already exist in the markets.
4. Collaboration – When collaborating with a team, do not copy their work and also make sure you give them credits.
5. Integrity – Ask yourself is the software you are creating will enhance people lives or will it be harmful.